Monday, January 25, 2010

Bombay's Take

I read a post on the blog Cocktails with M about gin-based cocktails like the The Savoy, The Sapphire Savoy, The Communique, The White Lady, and The Pink Lady. The blogger addresses, consequently, the difficulty of naming a cocktail with slight changes in recipe. This topic is worth discussing and I hope to tackle it one of these days.

However, I was more interested in the recipe of Bombay’s Take on the Communique or as I call it:
Bombay's Take. I reproduced this little ditty and got a good result – that is to say, the people I served it to enjoyed it. Here’s the recipe with a few of my own adjustments:

Bombay’s Take (on the Communique):

- 1 ½ oz of Bombay Sapphire Extra Dry Gin
- 2 oz of grapefruit juice
- ½ oz of orange liquor (I used Gran Mariner)
- 2 dashes of Fee Brothers Grapefruit Bitters

- Grapefruit rind

Glassware: Chilled martini glass

Chill down a martini glass. Add ice to a shaker and pour 1 ½ oz of Bombay Sapphire Extra Dry Gin into it. Add 2 oz of grapefruit juice. Add ½ oz of orange liquor and 2 dashes of Fee Brothers Grapefruit Bitters. Shake vigorously and pour straight up into a martini glass. Shave off a piece of grapefruit rind over the mixture for zest. Twist the rind and drop into glass. Serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment