Saturday, March 19, 2011

Ginger Simple Syrup and The Dark Ginger Daiquiri

I'm sort of an unorthodox bartender for Tonic. 

I invade the bar space with bottles of homemade syrups, bitters, and tinctures. I bring these unconventional bar tools like a fine mesh strainer. I keep a fruit bowl at the bar. 

In other words, I get lots of incredulous looks and folks are often mystified by my motivations. I'm sure Tonic's ownership is mildly amused.

One ingredient, however, that I bring which seems very popular is ginger simple syrup. Tonic produces their own ginger syrup for one of its cocktails. But I consistently get whispers that my stock of ginger syrup is quite flavorful. I'm just sayin...  


Anyway, since I was running low, I cooked up some ginger syrup this morning (actually a ginger peppercorn syrup), which I'm bringing to Tonic today. 



I'll be making Dark Ginger Daiquiri's for the bold weather. I stumbled upon this recipe on Stevi Deter's Two At the Most. Incidentally, if you're enthusiastic about cocktails you should peruse this blog because you'll definitely discover something of interest.

The Dark Ginger Daiquiri

- 2 oz dark Jamaican rum (I'm using Myer's Dark Jamaican Rum)
- 1 oz ginger syrup
- 3/4 oz lime juice

Glassware: cocktail glass

Add rum, ginger syrup, lime juice and ice into a glass. Shake and strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with a slice of lime. Enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment