Friday, May 14, 2010

The Day The Word "Cocktail" Was Born


On this day, the term "cocktail" was born.  I wouldn't have known this fact if Derek Brown hadn't told me.  True Story.

Just yesterday I was in The Columbia Room - the speakeasy in the back of The Passenger volunteering support for Derek's layering class. 



I got a chance to make a few drinks that were on the menu for the guests.  The picture below is the Brunswick Sour.  I've posted the recipe below:



The Brunswick Sour

- 1 1/2 oz of white rum 
- 3/4 oz lime juice
- 1 oz simple syrup
- red wine (merlot is recommended)

Glassware: chilled cocktail glass

"Shake ingrediants with ice and strain into chilled cocktail glass.  Layer with robust red wine on top, preferably a merlot or a merlot blend."  Enjoy.

Anyway, I have to say that Derek is bringing order to this crazy industry and I, for one, am impressed.  Thanks again to Derek and the folks at The Passenger!


No comments:

Post a Comment